Guys so many things happened to me these past two weeks. Oh, where shall I begin. You know what, I haven’t done a list in so long I think it is time. I shall call it The list of things that happened to me since the last time. I know that’s kinda long but also perf!
- Don’t pick up the phone you know he’s only calling cause he’s drunk and alone… sorry I couldn’t help myself that song is forever in my head. Any way I got my nails done… I know that might not seem like a big deal and that’s because it’s not. I just decided to have a little me time and have a nice relaxing nail day where my nail tech (are they called nail techs or just like the lady that does my nails. I don’t really know the term.) decided that I didn’t need my cuties aka cuticles, and proceeded to zzzzz (that’s the sound the nail filing thing makes… clearly I did my research on this.) until I bled. Really it was as relaxing as it sounds, but my nails do look cute so I guess pain is beauty.
- I decided that I want to cut my hair because its super long (well for me any way because I usually keep my hair short) and I don’t want to deal with it. But then at the same time I don’t want to cut my hair because I want to see how long I’ll let it grow until I ultimately cut it. So I’m back at square one, nothing getting done… the usual.
- I got a new laptop! Which I am currently typing tonights post on which is why its probably going to be super long because I’m usually writing from the bathroom on my phone. It’s where all my best thinking happens. Just so you know I got a MacBook Air. I know moving on up!
- I saw Black Panther the weekend it came out and it was the most amazing thing I’ve seen in so long. In my opinion it is the best marvel movie! The storyline… Amazing! The Villian… HOT also Amazing! The fact that this movie not only showcased talented black people from the actors to the director, but the fact that the powerful black women were the driving force… was fucking MAGICAL! This movie was so good I watched it twice and I’m trying to go watch it again, so whoever wants to go let me know!
- This is a big one people! I got a new JOB! I know I’m so excited! For those of you that don’t know I’ve been on the job hunt and let me tell you it has not been easy. When I first started looking I told myself that I only wanted to apply for jobs that I would be passionate about. If some of you don’t know I’m currently going to school for Creative Writing. So logically I want to be a New York Times Bestselling Author, but apparently one needs to write and wait for it publish a book for that to happen. But never fear I’m in the process of writing a little something something, nah mean jelly bean. I do have a back up career and that is to work in publishing. Just so you know getting a job in publishing is incredibly hard… honestly getting a job in any field is hard. After a couple of months with no luck, I broaden my scope. I can learn more in whatever field I get into and when I finish my degree and can go back out there and try again. With that being said I start my new job, not in publishing but that’s ok, in two weeks! In the mean time I’ll just keep writing and go with the flow!
- Finally, I was asked a very important question last night! A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that two of my slutties got engaged. Well Frover, my most favorite sluttie of all, asked me to be her bridesmaid! AAAAHHHHH! I’m so excited!! She asked in the cutest way! She gave us (her bridesmaids) a wine glass with the question written on it! It was the most beautiful thing. I got teary eyed and everything! Just thinking about it now has my eyes watery! Please enjoy the picture below because I had about an hour-long photo shoot with my glass!
Well this went on as long as I predicted… god I love this fucking MacBook… I really just like writing MacBook… and just think about it guys I could be writing the next New York Times Bestselling book right here on this MacBook!
Love Ya from the Moon and Back,
Emily (future Bridesmaid! and hopeful New York Times Bestselling Author!)
I’m super into audiobooks right now. Don’t get me wrong I still love to hold a book in my hands and immerse myself into a new reality for a while (because clearly my life is nothing like a book and there’s no happily ever after in my near future… and I also love the smell of a book don’t judge me), but when I’m at work I can’t do that. Sooooo my next best option is audiobooks!!! Today I found myself thinking… ooo I can’t wait to go to work tomorrow so I can start a new book. I’ve never thought that about work in my life. Even though I love me some audiobooks I do have some improvements that I think would make the listening experience super magical!!! Of course this shall be in list form… and I shall name it Some Improvements That Would Make Audiobooks SUPER Magical! (I’m sooooo good at making up titles)
1. All books should come with a warning that you might cry. Last week I had to catch myself before I started bawling. Audiobook makers I’m at work let a home slice know that tears might be in the near future!!
2. The samples they give you should include the synopsis as well not just jump right into the story without letting me know what I’m getting myself into.
3. Some books have a man and a woman reading… which are my favorites! Some of these guys voices are delicious… any way in chapters that only a man is narrating or a woman is there is some dialogue that is from the opposite sex, and the person narrating that chapter imitates that person speaking, but I believe if there is dialogue for a woman or man during the chapter that’s narrated by the opposite sex the actor or actress should jump in and be their character even if it’s not their chapter. I think it would make the story flow and sound better. I know I probably explained that horribly wrong but it made sense in my head so it’s gonna stay like that.
Ta ta for now!
Love Ya from the Moon and Back,Emily (I know what you’re thinking, yes I want to be one of those people that narrates novels… I have been told that I have a beautiful speaking voice!)
Just finished watching the movie The Giver… All I gots to say is… EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS! I don’t care if it’s not your kind of movie… Dooo it!!! Okay okay maybe I should tell you a couple of things to persuade you to watch it!
1. I said it’s amazing and that should be reason enough… I joke I joke… But seriously watch it it’s really good.
2. The main character (played by Brenton Thwaites) is absolutely gorgeous… Although I thought he was like 16ish turns out he’s actually 26 (thank the lord for that).
3. Brenton Thwaites is Australian… And also plays Prince Philip in Maleficent… Nuff said.
4. Jeff Bridges… Loves him!!!
5. The goddess of all Meryl MotherFing Streep… Hellur!!!
6. Cute babies all over the place
7. It can be a total mind fuck, which I love!
8. Eric Northman (Alexander Skarshard) is still a beautiful creature… If you don’t know Erin Northman you better get up on that True Blood!
9. If movies aren’t your thing, this movie is based off a Book by the same name… And if the movie was this good… The book is probably 20 times more amazing (as books usually are).
10. T. Swizzle, Tay Tay, Swifty, my home girl Taylor Swift makes a 10 minute cameo! So what are you freaking waiting for!!!
I just told my cousin Saca Moco that I wasn’t gonna write about the movie… I lied I wanted to keep him in suspense!
Love Ya from the Moon and Back,
Emily ( just so you know it’s hot as the Devils sons armpit in this freaking room)
My imagination is on another level sometimes! I’m not going to lie though, having such an active imagination is where most if not all my creativity comes from. Well that and being awesome… It’s really a toss up between the two.
Why do I bring this up you ask… Well today at work when I was walking to the bathroom I started thinking that I was some secret agent and the bathroom is a hidden way to get to the secret headquarters where all the spies go and congregate, and receive their missions. Once that thought popped into my head I was like WTF is wrong with me… It’s just a normal bathroom crazy! While I was sitting there doing number 1 (you know the pee pee) I realize I do this a lot. I’m not sure if it’s because of all the movies I watch that I start thinking I’m living out a scene; it’s not like I’m acting this shit out, there’s nobody in my head calling cut… It’s really happening in my head in vivid detail.
That’s one of the reasons I don’t like to watch scary movies… It’s not even the movie that freaks me out, I fucking scare myself. I imagine scarier shit than anybody can come up with and that never goes away!!! After I watch a scary movie I feel like I can’t trust anything. One night I went into the bathroom (maybe it’s the bathroom that’s messing with my head) and I turned on the light and pulled the shower curtain back as fast as I could to make sure nobody was there. The other day I was a Sluttie McSluttersons house and when I was walking back to my car and where I parked was in like the darkest corner ever under a tree… I saw twenty thousand different scenarios in my head from every possible scary movie. So I unlocked my car and jumped in (because if you’ve learned anything from a scary movie never longer too long) and turned around to make sure nobody was there to shank me and then I looked in my rear view mirror just in case that mofo got in after I turned my head. Mind you we weren’t even watching anything scary, we were actually planning our trip to Canada! I’m telling you my imagination is going to give me a freaking heart attack one day.
There is one thing I love about it though, when I read books I can see everything I read as if it was really happening in front of me. That’s one of the reasons I love reading more than watching TV. I like seeing the things my mind comes up with. I feel like it’s also I sign of my rebellious nature to not want to see what other people want me to see… It’s a problem, and I might be slightly crazy! Well there you have a little snippet of what goes on in my cranium.
Love Ya from the Moon and Back,
Emily ( just so you know I make believe that I’m actually writing to you from the moon… Don’t judge me!!)